Shore Vineyard Church, Auckland, New Zealand
Shore Vineyard invites applications for the role of Associate Pastor, a key appointment to help lead our growing church into a new and exciting season.
Our Associate Pastor works with the Senior Pastor and is involved in all areas of Shore Vineyard church life. He or she will also need to add to our team by contributing specific skills in one or more of the following areas:
· Leadership of services or congregations
· Preaching, teaching and theology
· Leading and managing the worship team and our worship environment
· Pastoral care
· Strategy, innovation, project management and pioneering
This is a fulltime role (paid, 40 hours a week), and while candidates need to have suitable qualifications as listed, the appointment ultimately will be one of joint discernment of God’s leading.
So If you love the church, love the Vineyard and have a heart to make a difference on the North Shore of Auckland, maybe this is for you. (It would also help if your heart skips a beat as you read this!)
Skills we’re looking for:
· Significant leadership experience in a church context
· Proven ability to work with staff, teams and volunteers
· Willingness to be a team player, both as a leader of a team and as a team member working towards a common purpose
· Ability to create and implement policies and procedures to ensure the effective operation of the church
· Effective written and verbal communication
· Understanding safe and healthy workplace practices
Personal qualities we’re looking for:
· A genuine relationship with Jesus
· A strong and growing theological base
· Warmth, compassion and an ability to relate
· A heart and passion for discovering and outworking the call of Jesus on the church for 2020 and the decade beyond.
So who are we?
Shore Vineyard is a church of 400-plus on a mission to LOVE GOD and LOVE OTHERS passionately, brilliantly and adventurously.
We are committed to providing a platform for people to jump into genuine worship, discover radical generosity, form authentic friendships and cultivate organic communion with God.
We have two growing Sunday gatherings, plus many groups, events and initiatives that spring out of the hearts of our people and the invitation of God.
Want to apply or find out more?
Contact our Senior Pastor, Vic Francis, firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or send us your CV with a cover letter sharing the stirring of your heart.
Expressions of interest are open until August 31, 2019.
Please note that eligibility to work in New Zealand is a requirement and assistance is available to the successful candidate.